Android tv is popularly known for its play store, as it offers a huge collection of streaming apps. Do you guys know there is one popular app known as Kodi. This app offers thousands of extensions and tons of customization for free. If you are looking for the best live tv app for android in India, then you must check out Kodi app on Android TV.
The features and compatibility offered by the Kodi app are mind-blowing you can literally install this app on a popular device. Windows, Mac, Apple TV, Android TV to Firestick it is compatible with almost all the devices available on the market. So, let’s check out this extension that can help you to watch live tv on Android TV. You can follow the same steps to watch live tv on Firestick. So, here is a step by step guide to set up Jio TV on Android TV with free live tv extensions on Kodi.
Live TV On Android TV
Time Needed: 20 minutes.
First, we need to install Kodi its free app available on Android TV Playstore.
- Open Android TV Playstore
Search for Kodi Addon, press the install button to install this app on android tv.
- Download AFTVDownloder App
On Android TV Playstore Search For AFTV Downloader App, press the install button to install this app.
- Open AFTV Downloader App
In the AFTV downloader app enter this code Code for 36214 to download the Kodi zip repository.
- It will start downloading Repository
- Open Kodi App On Android TV
In Kodi, navigate to Add-Ons and select install from the repository.
- Navigate to Repository Menu
In the repository section open All Repository, select PVR Clients
- In All Repository select PVR Clients
In PVR Clients, install PVR IPTV Simple Client.
- Now After Setting Up PVR Client, Navigate To Kodi Home screen
Here in the add-on section, select Install From Zip File
- Now we will install the downloaded zip file.
On Kodi,from Homescreen Select Install From Zip File
- In Pop Up Menu,Select Setting
- Select Unknown Sources,to install zip file from android TV.
- Navigate To Install Zip File and Select Extenal Storage
- In External Storage, Select Downlod Folder & Open Repository Botallen Zip File
- After Installing Zip File, Navigate To Kodi Homescreen
On Kodi Homescreen Select Install From Repository.
- In Kodi Repository Menu
Select Install From Repository and Open the BotAllen Repository
- Select Video Addon, In BotAllen Repository
Here you will find JioTV & Hotstar TV, press OK button to install JioTV
- Now On Homscreen Add-On Section, Long Press On Jio TV
In the pop-up menu select settings
- In Settings, on Account Tab
For first time setup we need to login into JioTV account.
- Select login method,use the keyboard for quick login.
- Now select OTP as Login Type
Enter your Jio Mobile Number, it will send OTP to your phone number.
- Now you can access all the Live TV channels
- You can also Add Channel Guide,for quick view of ongoing show
- To Setup Channel’s,long press on Jio TV and open Settings
- In Setup Tab, Select Setup Simple IPTV PVR
Restart Kodi, it will take some time to load Channel Guide
- Now On TV Section, select Guide To Check Out All Live TV Shows
- It’s all Setup
Now enjoy the seamless experience of Live TV using Jio TV On Android TV
This is one of the best ways I found to enjoy the live tv experience on your Android TV, you can also follow the same steps to install Jio TV on firestick. The best thing about Kodi is you can install Kodi On Windows and Mac as well, this makes it so much easier to use Jio TV on Windows and Mac. You can follow the same steps by step guide to set up jio tv on pc and mac. Do you know guys you can also enjoy retro games like Contra, Super Mario and many more on Kodi. Check out the step by step tutorial to Play Reto Games On Android TV