Android TV offers a great app collection, the best part about android tv is you can sideload any android app no matter it’s available on the android tv play store or not. The issue is not all apps are fully compatible on android tv, some apps require additional touch or mouse support. Now you can use your Android TV remote as a virtual mouse, with D-Pad on the remote you can control the mouse pointer and use it on any app on Android TV.
The good thing is you don’t need to sacrifice any remote button, you instantly switch back between mouse and remote control. The Android TV remote as the virtual mouse is working perfectly on Mi Box S, Nvidia Shield Pro, and Chromecast Google TV. Let’s check out the complete guide to turn any android tv remote into a virtual mouse. The matvt mouse for the android tv toggle app we will use to convert the remote into a virtual mouse.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
To Use Android TV Remote as virtual Mouse we need to follow these steps.
- Download Mouse Toggle App For Android TV
Click here to download the MATVT android tv app on a smartphone or PC.
- Open Send Files to TV App On Android TV
Send files to tv app help you to easily share any file on android tv. Share your Mouse Toggle App on android tv. After the app is received long-press D-pad “Ok” button to open the app.
- Select Install Mouse Toggle App
- Navigate To Settings On Android TV
After the mouse toggle app is installed. Navigate to the Settings menu and open the app section.
- Open Special App Access
In-App Section Search For Special App Acces.
- In Special App Access
Search for Mouse Toggle App For Android TV and grant special access.
- Now, On Settings Page Navigate To Device Preference
- In Device Preference open Accessibility
- Select Mouse Toggle Service
Here enable mouse toggle service.
- Select Configuring Mouse Services
Now mention the keycode which will be used to activate the mouse pointer. Here is a list of keycodes you can use to activate the mouse pointer on android tv.
- Ready To Use
Now by long-pressing the activation button you can instantly activate the mouse pointer on any android tv screen.
- On Mi Box and Mi Stick Dpad is not working for top and bottom on Home Screen.
- When any app from Home Screen is open it shows a toggle menu to open the app on android tv.
Alternative Way To Use Mouse On Android TV
Cetus play app offers a various mode to use it on android tv, you can use your smartphone as a mouse, keyboard, gamepad and even as a numeric pad on android tv.
- Install Cetus Play App On Android TV Play Store.
- Download and Install Cetus Play App On Smartphone.
- Open CetusPlay on both the devices, smartphone, and Android TV.
- CetusPlay app will automatically scan for nearby Android TV.
- Select TV Name on Smartphone.
- Tap on the Right Side of Four Square.
- Select Mouse Mode to use the smartphone as a mouse on android tv.
Not satisfied with virtual Mouse On Android TV ?
The best thing about android tv is it supports various devices, you can connect USB Keyboard to a Wireless mouse. Most wired and wireless devices are compatible with android tv, best thing is no additional requirement to install drivers on Android TV. If you have a spare mouse wired or wireless mouse you can easily use it with any android tv.